WTAD
WTAD

WTADWeather

2nd man arrested, charged in Hannibal drive-by shooting

2nd man arrested, charged in Hannibal drive-by shooting

1 week, 3 days ago by Scott Hardy

Myron Mahaney, 18, facing Assault, Armed Criminal Action charges

A second person has been arrested and charged in connection with a drive-by shooting earlier this week in Hannibal.

Marion County Prosecuting Attorney David Clayton said Saturday morning that 18 year old Myron Mahaney of Hannibal has been charged with counts of 1st Degree Assault and Armed Criminal Action. Clayton first revealed the arrest Friday afternoon, but didn't say that it was Mahaney until Saturday. The charges are the same ones facing Tion Dorsey, who was arrested in the shooting Wednesday night. A probable cause statement says that Dorsey told Hannibal police that Mahaney was in the car with him, and had shot at 56 year old Earnest Robinson. Mahaney allegedly admitted to shooting at Robinson, and several other people. Robinson was wounded once in the left arm, and treated at the scene. The probable cause statement also says that "multiple shell casings were located on the ground, and numeous bullet holes were located in nearby homes and vehicles."

Hannibal police had said earlier that they were looking for Mahaney in connection with the shooting. If convicted, he could spend up to life in prison. Mahaney's in the Marion County Jail.

On Air NOW

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

12:00 am - 4:00 am

WTADFacebook