WTAD
Half Price Deals

Fire damages home on North 3rd

Fire damages home on North 3rd

1 month, 2 weeks ago by Scott Hardy

Faulty outlet blamed

Quincy firefighters say that a faulty electrical outlet is to blame for a fire Wednesday morning on the city's northwest side.  

The QFD says they were called just before 9 a.m. to the home in the 1100 block on North 3rd Street. That call was made by several people passing by, who saw heavy smoke coming from the house. Crews on scene told our news-gathering partners at KHQA that the home-owner told them that smoke had been coming out of the outlet since Tuesday night. Crews were able to remove the outside of a wall in the home and put out the fire.  

No one was reported injured.

On Air NOW

The Jim Bohannon Show

The Jim Bohannon Show

9:00 pm - 12:00 am
Listen Live!

WTADFacebook