WTAD
Half Price Deals

Illinois Crop Progress for Week Ending 10-20

Illinois Crop Progress for Week Ending 10-20

2 years ago NASS

Statewide, the average temperature was 50.9 degrees, 3.0 degrees below normal. Precipitation averaged 0.03 inches, 0.69 inches below normal. Topsoil moisture supply was rated at 6 percent very short, 16 percent short, 72 percent adequate, and 6 percent surplus. Subsoil moisture supply was rated at 7 percent very short, 15 percent short, 72 percent adequate, and 6 percent surplus. Corn mature was at 88 percent. Corn harvested for grain was at 36 percent, compared to 80 percent last year and 70 percent for the 5-year average. Corn condition was 6 percent very poor, 13 percent poor, 35 percent fair, 39 percent good, and 7 percent excellent. Soybean dropping leaves was at 93 percent. Soybean harvest was 52 percent complete, compared to 72 percent last year and 68 percent for the 5-year average. Soybean condition was 7 percent very poor, 11 percent poor, 38 percent fair, 37 percent good, and 7 percent excellent. Winter wheat planted was at 63 percent, compared to 51 percent last year and 53 percent for the 5-year average. Winter wheat emerged was at 30 percent.

On Air NOW

The Jim Bohannon Show

The Jim Bohannon Show

9:00 pm - 12:00 am
Listen Live!

WTADFacebook