WTAD
Half Price Deals

Quincy City Council names members for Riverfront committee

Quincy City Council names members for Riverfront committee

4 months, 2 weeks ago by Scott Hardy

Also approves $65,000 offer from Comcast

The Quincy City Council has approved its' three members to serve on a committee to oversee a possible master plan to develop the city's riverfront.  

The Council Monday night approved Mayor Kyle Moore's appointments of Aldermen Tonia McKiernan and John Mast, as well as Rick Ehrhart to represent the City on the Riverfront Master Plan committee. The Adams County Board and the Quincy Park District will also have three representatives on that board. A study costing up to $400,000 is currently underway on how best to develop the city's riverfront. After the meeting, Moore explained what happens next.

( Mayor Kyle Moore :15 )  

The City Council voted to accept an offer from Comcast to pay up to $65,000 in corrected franchise fees. The city will get 55 per cent of that money, and an auditing firm hired in 2018 by the city will get the other 45 per cent. The Council also approved an ordinance to grant a special use permit to allow developers to create 13 apartments and four event spaces in the former Dewey School building.

On Air NOW

The Morning Show

The Morning Show

6:00 am - 9:00 am
Listen Live!

WTADFacebook